Integrative Functional Medicine Consultations for all ages and stages of life.
Our society is experiencing a sharp increase in the number of people who suffer from complex, chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, and autoimmune disorders. The current system of medicine is mechanistic and outdated, some say it is failing us. On average, eight minutes of time is spent with patients. Doctors rely mainly on drugs or surgery to treat symptoms. In most cases modern medicine does not take into account factors which contribute to the rise in complex chronic diseases in modern Western society such as;
- the unique genetic makeup and biochemical individuality of each person,
- environmental exposures to toxins,
- lifestyle choices and food,
- the interrelationship of our body’s systems
- the interaction of our body, mind, spirit and environment
We care about you as a whole person. Our focus is on enhancing your health span, not just your life span. By exploring the complex web of interactions, together we uncover the root of imbalance. We address the underlying causes of illness, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership.
Our Approach – At Family to Family,
- We shift the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, addressing problems as close to their root cause as possible, not merely treating symptoms and managing diseases.
- We spend time with our patients, listening to their stories and looking at the interactions among genetic, physiological, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease.
- We integrate the latest emerging research with best medical practices of conventional western medical with what is sometimes considered “alternative” or “integrative” medicine, creating a focus on wellness.
- We thoughtfully recommend botanical medicines, pharmaceutical drugs, supplements, movement, food, detoxification programs, therapeutic bodywork, energy healing and various stress-management approaches to help ignite the healing process.
- We bring the patient into the discovery process and tailor treatment to address the individual’s unique needs for better health and vitality.
- We value building authentic relationships with our patients that are grounded in deep listening, respect, honesty, options and education.