Dr. Hanaway’s Favorite Breakfast: Full of Protein & Goodness!
November 20, 2014
We love to promote healthy eating since food is our body’s fuel and more. Our body is better supported with higher quality fuel so we’re sharing Dr. Hanaway’s yummy, delicious breakfast smoothie recipe. It will fill you up and give your body lasting energy!
These are approximations. There is no need to use exact measurements – just enjoy the process.
Purchase most of these ingredients at a health food store and try to buy organic whenever you can.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs ( made from cocoa beans – full of antioxidants)
- 4 walnuts
- 3 Brazil nuts
- 1/4 whole lemon (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or better yet – coconut butter – which exists but can be hard to find.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (greek has higher protein and less carbohydrates)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 large banana or a few chunks of pineapple
- 4-5 leaves of kale or spinach
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in an electric blender like a Vitamix, Ninja or Nutrabullet OR
Use a handheld Cuisinart Smart Stick (electric or cordless) and blend in a 24 oz Ball Canning Jar which easily sits in a coffee mug holder in a car.
Blend on high speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). If the shake is too thick, add more water until you reach a thick but drinkable consistency.
It’s so easy to clean up!
Put a lid on the jar and drink throughout the morning. Enjoy and Bon Appetit!